20 Ways to make sure you stick to your exercise program
1. Get out of bed, one hour earlier and get your exercise done before the dramas of the day begin
2. Get enough sleep. Waking early to exercise will mean you should be going to bed early.
3. Choose an exercise that you enjoy
4. Set a big goal, and break it down into achievable weekly goals
5. Don’t eat late at night or you will feel sluggish early in the morning
6. Eat lots of healthy food for energy
7. Avoid sugarly snacks and foods with empty calories as they will also have you feeling sluggish
8. Treat yourself to some new cool, groovy exercise gear
9. Schedule exercise times into your diary for the month ahead.
10. Entice a friend to be your exercise buddy & co-ordinate diary dates
11. Choose an event, such as a fun run/walk to give your training focus
12. Have one day of rest each week, to allow your body much needed recovery time
13. Make “No Excuses” your mantra
14. Remember that missed sessions can lead to giving up.
15. Get yourself a dog. Those pleading eyes will force you to get out there and walk together.
16. Vary your exercise sessions. Boredom can lead to giving up
17. Before beginning an exercise session, set yourself a goal for that session, for added focus
18. Purchase a heart rate monitor. You will be able to better monitor your progress
19. Consider having an occasional Personal Training session, perhaps monthly.
20. Do a mini fitness test, at beginning of month & again at the end of the month to monitor your progress
I hope these tips are helpful. But they are only tips that work for me. I’d love to hear your tips and whatworks for you to keep you on track.