This is my monthly wrap up of things that made me smile during the month of April. Earlier in the year I made a commitment to myself to make a concerted effort to think about the great and positive things in my life, and in particular, those things that make me smile. These days, most of the things that make me smile are the simple, every day things that many would consider to be unremarkable. No longer do I need big things or big events in my life, to make me happy
When I decided to write monthly, about the happy moments during the month, of course I had no idea that Covid-19 was about to appear in our lives, causing life, as we know it, to change.
I’m sure most would say that April has been quite stressful and worrying. But this post isn’t to dwell on those worries. During the month I’ve been taking note of things around me they make me smile. At the start of the month I did think that there may not be very much at all to smile at.
Surprisingly, there were many happy moments in April. It seems that life in isolation has given me time to slow down and look around me. Even in these difficult times, there is so much positivity and much to smile about.
- Life in isolation. I’m loving it!
- Rain! 125mls in 2 days. This was the biggest rainfall here in a long while
- Our dam is full for the first time in four years
- Back to basics baking has been fun
- Doing my own fitness & health challenge while in isolation
- Chocolate at Easter. I took a break from my ‘no chocolate’ challenge for Easter
- Having our phone and internet reconnected after almost three very trying weeks without it
- More time than usual in the vegie garden. The winter greens are all now planted and growing well.
- Re-discovering Aerobics Oz Style on YouTube
- Cycling on the Rail Trail regularly with my partner. I’m loving being able to ride again
- I picked up a new book on a discount table at newsagent for $2 and I loved it. For my reading friends, the book is Firelight & Woodsmoke by Claude Michele
- Following Sue from Sizzling Towards Sixty’s 7 day healthy eating challenge
- My partner made my breakfast every day. We usually leave home early for work, so don’t worry about breakfast. Usually it’s a coffee in the car. It’s been lovely to have a leisurely breakfast and especially one that is made for me.
- Walking with my poodle, Oscar, on bush trails near our house, every day.
- Anzac Day was even more poignant that usual due to social distancing
- Watching Jimmy Barnes’ daily videos, singing from home on Instagram
- Blogging April A-Z Challenge
- Our neighbour’s donkey always makes me smile when we pass by on our walk
2020@copyright. All rights reserved nextphaseinfitness.com.au